So cliché! My first pair of designer sunglasses was a Dolce & Gabana, favourite pair I have ever owned – gifted to me by cousin. It came in cream colour handle with bedazzled D&G embellishment, a dark brown lens and oval frame – my love for Dolce and Gabana began. If I could afford to get myself designer sunglasses, I would stick to Dolce & Gabana but for now I would just stalk them and a diy Dolce and Gabana sunglasses.
When I saw these sunglasses on Rihanna (my favourite girl), I knew I had to diy it! And that’s why we are here! I super excited you here!
First, you will need:
- Oversize circle frame sunglasses
- Crystal trims ( I used SS18 – 8mm, SS8 – 2mm)
- E6000 glue
- Plastic (Clear plastic take out plate)
HERE’S A LINK DIY DOLCE AND GABANA SUNGLASSES THE VIDEO ABOUT HOW I MADE THE DOLCE & GABANA SUNGLASSES
- To form the D, using a template, cut out a [-form on the plastic.
- Glue the crystal trim on the [-form with the larger crystal trim on the exterior and the smaller trim on the interior and glue it on the right frame.
- Using a template, cut 2 Ↄ-form and glue the crystal trim with the larger trim on the exterior and the smaller trim on the interior and glue one on the right frame and the other on the left frame.
- Cut out –form and glue the crystal trim with the larger crystal trim on the exterior and smaller crystal trim on the interior.
You have yourself a diy Dolce and Gabana sunglasses. I hope you love this post. Leave a comment if you do. Would you buy the D&G sunglasses or you would just diy it?
Side note: After making this diy, I realized it would take a lot of courage to wear this glasses, it’s more like a costume glasses to me! I wore this for a shot, I’m not sure I would be caught around wearing it. Would I buy it if I could afford it? No, I would rather diy it than buy the real thing!