A typical sunny Sunday afternoon in most Nigerian homes, opting for mostly rice meals (jollof rice, fried rice, coconut rice, plain white rice and stew) – there is just that one thing that connects Nigerians, rice meals and Sundays that I am yet to unravel. After making my Sunday rice (jollof coconut rice), I decided to infuse doses of nutrient into my sparkling wine with fruit infused ice cubes.
Fruit infused cubes are lifesaver when trying to incorporate a class of food in every meal to balance your meals. I usually infuse my water with fruits to add some flavour, so what do you do if you do not have time to chop up fruits every time you need to have healthy drinks? You make fruit infused cubes to be readily available when you need to them.
What you’ll need:
- Varieties of fruits
- Silicon mould
- Clean water
Here’s how to:
- Pick out your favourite fruits. I picked out strawberry, grapes, pineapple, cucumber and mint leaf.
2. Chop up your fruits into the little pieces.
3. Layer up fruits in the silicon mould (ice cubes tray).
4. Add clean water to your mould and put in the freezer for few hours.
5. Allow to freeze for few hours, remove the cubes from the silicon mould and place in a bowl for use.
Infuse doses of nutrient in your drink; simply add fruit infused ice cubes to your water or drinks. You can also enjoy experimenting with different fruits and herbs.
Did you like this post? Would you make fruit infused ice to add nutrients to your water or drinks and stay hydrated? What are your genuine thought?
Leave a comment below, like and also share.