It is Christmas season, the season to be jolly and merry. There will be a lot to eat and drink and I plan to lay in a bed munching on this cookies until December 25th, just kidding. When is the best time to make a twinkle star Christmas cookies than now. Its easy to make, few ingredients you can find around the kitchen and delicious as it should be.
Its obvious the design of these cookies was inspired by Christmas Twinkle Star. Initially, I scrapped the idea of making cookies until I found out I could make cookies without baking them and replaced flour with oatmeal. I made the first batch, tasted it. It was just too sweet for a cookie. I made another batch, I got it right this time, the right recipe that taste exactly how I want Christmas to taste – Chocolate Glazed Oatmeal, Coconut chips and Raisin all in one cookie. Yum.
Related post: DIY GRAPES AND APPLE OATMEAL SMOOTHIE
If you are looking for a no bake oatmeal cookie recipe, I think youre going to love this one. Here’s my recipe:
2 table spoon of butter
1 tablespoon of peanut butter
2 drops of mixed fruit flavour
½ cup of milk
2 teaspoon of sugar
2 cups of oatmeal
½ cup of coconut chips
½ handful of raisin
For the cookie base,
- With low heat, dissolve the butter, add sugar, milk (liquid), stir and allow to boil for 1 minute.
- Add oatmeal, raisins and coconut chips and mix all the ingredients together.
- Place the mixture on a flat surface and roll it out with a rolling pin and cut it with a star cookie cutter
- Place the twinkle star Christmas cookie in the freezer for 2 days.
For the chocolate glaze,
- Mix 1 cup of cocoa powder, 1 tablespoon of butter and 1 table spoon of sugar in a bowl and whisk together until creamy consistency.
- With kebab stick, pin the cookies and dip it into the chocolate mix.
- Place it on a flat surface and freeze.
Notes: I left my cookies in the freezer for 2 days and glazed it in the third day to free for 2 days.
This recipe makes about a dozen pieces so its enough to go around. I hope you will make these adorable and healthy cookies just in time for Christmas.
Wishing you the happiest of holidays.
Please, like, share and leave a comment below.