Pretty much, the off-the shoulder top trend is all around. A trend that has been, is and would stick around for a while. I made mine off an excess fabric I had and pulled this outfit in no time with just ‘a needle and a thread’. You can pull make an off-shoulder top if you feel you want to go with the trend in this simple DIY tips.
- A pair of scissors
- A needle
- A thread
- Elastic band
- Safety pin
- An African fabric
1. Cut two equal fabric measured from your should to your waist for the top.
2. Cut two smaller equal rectangles for the sleeves.
3. Fold the two rectangular fabric for the sleeves into halves.
4. Align the open sides of the sleeves with the seams of your top.
5. With you threaded needle, sew the sleeves together with the sides of the front and back together.
6. Once you’re done sewing, fold the top of your garment using the elastic band as a guide.
7. Iron the top of the garment you folded. This allows you to sew evenly.
8. Sew along the bottom of the folded section to create a fabric loop leaving room between the start and finish.
9. Take safety pin and attach it to the elastic.
10. Thread it thought until the elastic appears at the other end.
11. Sew the elastic together.
12. Adjust the fabric.