Did you know stir fried potatoes are popular street food in Yunnan, China?! Honestly, I have never seen or heard of stir fried potatoes until when I recently whipped a meal with some available ingredients. We have to be creative so we do not keep eating the same food made with the same cooking method for the rest of our lives. One thing I can assure you of, there is no wrong way to cook potatoes. Mashed, boiled, fried, roasted as far it tastes good then you are good to go.
The texture of potatoes when stir fried is so unique and different. The potatoes, stir fried with some veggies, spices and sausages came out soft on the inside and a little crunchy on the outside. So tasty and with a bust of different flavours – a dish with fabulous flavours once the potatoes are properly seasoned and fried.
Here is a quick and easy stir fried potatoes recipe I fell in love with it.
- 10 small potatoes
- 3 carrots
- 10 green peas
- 3 tomatoes
- 3 pepper
- 1 onions
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 long sausages
- Fresh parsley
- Salt and seasoning to taste
- Peel the potatoes, wash and slice the potatoes and other ingredients.
- Parboil the potatoes in clean water; add a little salt for taste. Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat, and add tomatoes, pepper, carrots, green peas, onions, garlic. Add seasoning and stir them until tomatoes and pepper slightly purees and all other ingredients are tender.
- Chop sausages. Turn the heat up to high, add the sausages and stir-fry for one minutes. Add the potatoes and stir-fry everything for a minute. Pick parsley, bunch and slice roughly. Stir everything serve!
I hope you enjoy your meal.
How do you like your potatoes? Would you try this recipe? Share and let’s connect!