One of the experiences as a young adult living all by yourself among other things is cooking your own meals – whether you know how to make anything or not. Most Saturdays – that’s if I’ve had a restful Friday – I make a proper breakfast.
“Saturday mornings are for lit breakfast.”
On this faithful Saturday morning, I wanted to make pineapple coconut jam and I did! ? I chose to make this because I was craving this jam with every bit of juicy pineapple and coconut on every bite. If you love pinacolada, you would love this too. They smell so divine while making them and taste yum – I should definitely make more of this and with other fruits too. Comparing homemade jam to the ones gotten from stores this taste like a real fruit jam.
Preparation time – 5 minutes
Cook time – 45 minutes
yields – 1 normal size jar
1 large pineapple
1 cup of coconut chips
40 oz of water
6 oz of sugar
1. Peel off the back of the pineapple and remove the eyes on the pineapple too.
2. Grate the pineapple with a grater ( you could blend it also) I prefer to have pineapple jam with a coarse texture, reason why I prefer to grate.
3. Bring water to boil and add sugar. allow to boil until golden brown and has a sticky consistency.
4. Add the grated pineapple and simmer in low heat until pineapple is soft.
5. Store the pineapple jam in a jar and allow to cool or refrigerate.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I enjoyed every bit of the jam.
What do you guys think? Let me know if you would try this!